September Monthly Report - Monero Outreach Communication Group Coordinator
It's me lh1008, giving my second report. This month brought a lot of work into the team. Many new contributors joined the Monero Outreach workgroup and we have been able to reach milestones. Like I did last month, let me share you the September milestones and see what we have achieved so far.
- Spanish fully translated website - https://www.monerooutreach.org/index.php The website is in Spanish and French. It is not fully translated, we are still working on some content details in order to complete translation.
- Coordinate website translations with the Monero Localization Workgroup. I would like to thank @ErCiccione, together we have been working to reach goals hand in hand with the Monero Localization Workgroup, he's helping us as a maintainer in the Monero Ecosystem/outreach-docs. In progress
- Coordinate translations for the Guerilla Marketing packages. - The guerrilla marketing - In progress has been in status 'priority'. Topics have been assigned and contributors have been really active on the wire Monero Outreach chats. Some translations are in progress and some already done.
- Work through external/ internal writers, bloggers, journalists, etc., to have translations of the news delivered by different sites. - Contributors have been reached through the community and have been contributing on reaching external bloggers, writers, and journalists. An example has been the questionnaire answered by Monero Outreach contributors to journalist Madhurima Roy from bcfocus asking about the implications of bulletproofs in our next scheduled protocol upgrade on October 18. Achieved/in progress
- Post, share, and promote RoadMap Goals, content in different languages. You can see links below. Achieved/in progress
- By the end of the month will be adding a detailed report of work delivery. Achieved
Those are the milestones that have been worked so long, well including august, but that was the last report. It's pretty encouraging to work with the community. The community has had a really good response in the work that has been reached by the Monero Outreach workgroup. This has helped orient myself more as a community contributor, have better community relationships, and get to know a lot of monero enthusiasts.
Let me share some of the work done getting the milestones reached and continued community work:
- Review monero-gui update request translation for v0.13
- Adding quickfacts to press-kit section (getmonero.org/presskit)
- PSA Campaign - Monero Best Practices fully translated to Spanish and French.
- es-Spanish folder. PSA and quickfacts folders fully translated.
- fr-French folder. PSA and quickfacts folders fully translated.
- ro-Romanian folder. Quickfacts folder waiting for review.
- ru-Russian folder. Quickfacts folder waiting for review. Contributors
- nl-Dutch folder. Work in progess.
- pt-portuguese Portugal folder. Work in progress.
- Monero Outreach - PSA - Monero Best Practices
- Visit Monero Outreach Website!
- Let's Welcome MONERO GREECE - @Monerogr Telegram Chat Channel!!
- Monero Quick-Facts Sheet Translations
- Kovri has a new home on GitLab! - Twitter
- Monero Telegram Chat/Chanels!
There are some things that I'm still pending on working on (Kovri translation, getmonero site translation, to name two.). I would like to thank the community for the support given. This is only a one mans job, but you will see that every comment, every PR, has contributors that are giving their energy for Monero.
Thank you all for this opportunity, I will keep on giving my energy to help grow the Monero community. Count me in. :)