Thanks for all who contributed to this! In case you missed our Final Report, here it is: https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/9m6m6o/monero_outreach_final_ffs_report_julyseptember/
· PSA Campaign: A kit of long form pieces to educate Monero users and help us identify more writing/design talent (Complete) https://www.monerooutreach.org/best-practices-for-monero.php
· Merchant/ Business Owner Tools: Ad campaign, signage templates, and getting started kit. (Complete, but will be expanded upon later) http://monerooutreach.org/pubs/Proposals/MerchantsOverview.pdf
· Develop Public Survey: Research the driving forces of adoption with a survey that Monero users can share with their friends and family (also a tool to expose new people to Monero.. please share!). (Complete) http://monerooutreach.org/survey/survey.html
· Complete Article Board: strategize among workgroup the specific story piece ideas and prioritize them for guidance and direction to the writers (Complete) Writers needed! https://taiga.getmonero.org/project/xmrhaelan-monero-public-relations/epic/57
· Monero Do’s and Dont’s: A one sheet to help guide new users in best practices (Cancelled due to this being redundant to the Best Practices that were developed for the PSA campaign.)
· Public Campaign Pilot: A set of ads to test with non-Monero users to help identify the strongest messages that drives adoption. (In progress- was delayed due to website/survey delay)
· Develop Website: will host the content and resources produced by the workgroup contributors. (Complete) monerooutreach.org
· Match stories with writers and begin writing high quality content. (In progress- writers needed!) https://taiga.getmonero.org/project/xmrhaelan-monero-public-relations/epic/57
· Launch Website (Complete) monerooutreach.org
· Create Guerrilla Marketing packages for the revolutionary minded Monero fans who want to take physical marketing matters into their own hands in their own locale. (Complete, will be available soonTM) https://www.monerooutreach.org/guerrilla-toolkit.php
· Complete long-term Roadmap for Monero Outreach workgroup (Complete) https://www.monerooutreach.org/about.php
· Scouting for an Editor to oversee all writing projects and increase scope and frequency (Ongoing...)
· Scouting for a professional policy expert who can help us develop a narrative and strategies to safeguard Monero’s future through public policy (Ongoing...)
· Scouting for a PR professional who is networked in the media industry and can help us move toward landing stories on major media outlets, and has the moral compass to ensure stories reflect the ethos and values of Monero (Ongoing...)
In addition to the FFS items we initially set out to accomplish, our amazing volunteers have also helped us complete the following:
Localization folks are making it happen for us on GitHub. Thanks guys! https://github.com/monero-ecosystem/outreach-docs/tree/master/monero-outreach-docs
PR for Quick Facts resource added to Press Kit section of getmonero.org: https://repo.getmonero.org/monero-project/monero-site/merge_requests/914
Created a Monero Outreach Twitter page with 210 followers and counting (started in late September) https://twitter.com/xmroutreach
87 members and counting on our Monero Outreach Telegram chat, made up of leaders and thinkers who perform regular philosophical analysis of the Monero ecosystem and strategize how to help move it forward https://t.me/joinchat/DM8-zUXYPy2QPEkH5hW3FA
Regular posts to 1.16 million Blockfolio users who have Monero on their portfolios and watchlists, introducing them to Monero community activities and basic information about Monero. Insights reported from Blockfolio:
The average # of Day 1-3 impressions you guys are getting is 108,497. This is much bigger than our average team due to your huge following of 1,162,454 token holders and price watchers.
Connecting Monero Community leaders /u/SamsungGalaxyPlayer and /u/rehrar to speak and/or table at two at future crypto conferences.
Designed a streamlined Marketing Overview: http://monerooutreach.org/pubs/Proposals/MarketingOverview.pdf
Continuing to keep the Quick Facts resource up to date: http://www.monerooutreach.org/pubs/2018/QuickFacts/QuickFacts.pdf
Developed Monero Research Lab vector image for their use and our website.
Developed new typography for a Monero Font. r/https://www.monerooutreach.org/monero-typography.php
A few have taken the initiative to create a Telegram chat for Monero Beginners.
Submitted a request to McAfee to whitelist Monero software.
Provided support and feedback for the Coincademy Monero Beginners Course (coming soon) http://coincademy.com/
Provided support and feedback for /u/serhack Mastering Monero book (coming soon) https://masteringmonero.com/
Individuals participating in Monero Outreach discussions are also contributing to video podcasts like Monero Talk and Bitcoin Unlimited. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3Hx81QYLoEQkm3vyl4N4eQ and https://www.youtube.com/user/cderose36/videos
Last but not least, everything mentioned by the talented /u/lh1008 here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/9m7gk2/september_monthly_report_monero_outreach/