Please login or register.

Adding Monero support for Trezor

The idea of adding Monero support for Trezor reached it's funding goal of 500XMR in 2 days! That means this just got real! :)

I don't know exactly how long this will take, since I don't have a Trezor yet and it'll be difficult to estimate all of the potential problems that can arise. What I can promise is that I'll be allocating on average 10h per week (~1h/weekdays; ~5h/weekend) for this project.

I will also be posting updates to this thread about how things are progressing and potential ETA for tasks I can estimate time for. All of the updates will be done as individual posts to this thread and I will link to them from this initial post.

If you think the work I'm doing is awesome and you're satisfied with the progress, please consider donating in the initial funding thread.

Progress

Code

Replies: 53
nioc posted 8 years ago Replies: 1 | Weight: -67 | Link [ - ]

Gingeropolous, I love how you think! And not just here!

I do realize that was then and this is now but we did raise over 2x the amount requested in 2 days.

Reply to: nioc
wpalczynski posted 8 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

Maybe someone lurking here would take this on for a reasonable compensation. If that is the case please speak up and let us know how much $$$ it would take to get this done.

Thanks.

dEBRUYNE posted 8 years ago Replies: 1 | Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

In my opinion, these funds should go to NoodleDoodle for his hard work, which can be seen here:

https://forum.getmonero.org/4/academic-and-technical/2495/experimental-trezor-firmware-testing

Perhaps the ones that donated can give their opinion as well.

Reply to: dEBRUYNE
ferretinjapan posted 8 years ago Replies: 1 | Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

I second this. NoodleDoodle has done an excellent job of implementing Monero transacting via Trezor and the code is quite functional and stable already. He absolutely deserves the forum funding reward.

palexander posted 8 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

Just wanted to give my thumbs up as well for NoodleDoodle's great work on getting the Trezor to work with Monero. These funds are definitely well deserved.

Reply to: ferretinjapan dEBRUYNE
Gingeropolous posted 8 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

Haven't used the trezor but it looks like it's working so I'm also a fan of moving this money.

nioc edited 8 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

Thanks to Gingeropolous for his spark of 3 months ago and of course thanks to NoodleDoodle for picking this up. Seems to be a nobrainer to release the funds whenever it is appropriate. However I did not donate to this.

saddam edited 7 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

donated 50 xmr for NoodleDoodle.