Contributed 125 XMR from the general donation fund
Mooo full time july-september
Edit: after an outpouring of support from the community telling me I'm a cheap cow, I've decided to up the rate a little: Following an suggestion by smooth, I will keep the basic rate at $30 an hour, but add 0.2 monero per hour on top. This gives me both the fiat indexing I'll need to sustain me, as well as something on top, which both protects donators' monero stash in case of a crash, and provides some upside if it climbs. Thank you everyone, you're the best :) The new rate is thus: $30 + 0.2 monero per hour, current moneropric.es exchange rate is $43.85, which gives a total of 462 monero for the next three months. That amounts to about $38.6 an hour at current prices.
I finished my previous FFS about a week ago now, and after getting a very positive reaction on IRC, I'm going to leave my day job and work full time on Monero, for the betterment of all, including you donators (thank you!)
Given I'm not going to have my day job salary anymore, I'm going to index the milestone rate to fiat (and also say upfront that a large part of it may be sold for rent and food). Other than that, it'll be a similar thing as the previous FFS, but rolling, and per month, similar to Surae's:
- 3 milestones of a month each
- Each milestone will be X monero, equivalent to $30 an hour for a notional 40 hours a week, as given by moneropric.es on the day the second to last milestons is complete (leaving one milestone's duration to fund the next 3), or today ($45.65) for the first one, so 343 monero for the first 3 months
- this is to start on the 1st of july, through to september
I chose $30 an hour, which is a bit higher than my previous $26 rate, somewhat below other similar FFSes, so should be reasonable on donators. This might need changing later, we will see. I know moneropric.es gives a lower Monero price than the "spot" price, but that's intended , since I will sell for expenses.
My time will be spent doing more of the same programming to make Monero better that I have done to date. One of the first things to be done will likely be N-1 of N multisig, after luigi1111 is done with the crypto design.
Third milestone's done!
- reliability fixes on monero-blockchain-import
- optional fluffy blocks on mainnet
- --add-exclusive-node fix (it was connecting to other nodes)
- bug fixes in wallet pool scanning
- a few crash fixes
- new input sorting rule from v7
- some spurious downloading got axed
- txpool validation now drops bad txes on startup, instead of failing to start
- misc coverity reported fixes
- the wallet cache now doesn't keep all blockchain hashes since the genesis block
- N-1/N multisig
- much thinner system for embedded block hashes (256 times smaller)
- more work on N/N multisig and RPC
- new blockchain sync algorithm to cut down on download size and be faster
- a "try to recover from db corruption" flag for lmdb
- mixin is now ring size in monero-wallet-cli
- much faster monero-blockchain-import
- sort outputs randomly, rather than per amount as pre-rct was doing
- transfer wallet RPC calls can now return a tx as hex instead of relaying it
- monerod will now warn when it sees a block with a higher version than what it knows about
- misc leak and threading fixes
- a lot of smaller fixes and improvements, see github for the whole set