Please login or register.

Open source AMD miner by Wolf0

Introduction

Who - Wolf0, renowned miner developer. Worked on the original monero solo miner and the nvidia miner. Also responsible for mining software for many other algos.

What - Open source AMD miner for Monero with solo mining support.

Why - The only AMD miner is Claymore's, and its closed source and also has a fee. In order to increase the strength of the Monero network, we need as much hashpower as we can get. Furthermore, GPU solo mining may increase the number of people running full solo nodes. Finally, Wolf0 is an excellent mining software developer with a proven track record, and has found some flaws in the monero pool software and is interested in creating a new monero pool software / architecture that will both correct these flaws and provide a means to allow an individual miner to confirm that the pool is honest. Getting him on board with this project will hopefully spur further developments.

Amount: 5750 XMR.

Milestones / Payouts / Timeframe:

1 - Working OpenCL implementation. Payout: 1000 XMR. Timeframe: 2 days

2 - Host code and pool interface. Payout 2000 XMR. Timeframe: 2 weeks

3 - Performance on a 290x. 400 h/s = 500 XMR. 400-500 h/s = 750 XMR. 500-600 h/s 1000 XMR. 600-750 h/s 2000 XMR. Timeframe: 2 weeks.

4 - Solo mining support. Payout: 750 XMR. Timeframe: open-ended

Conditions for payouts:

1 - it works. Code is released open source. License to be determined, but it will NOT be GPL. Perhaps MIT or WTFPL.

2 - Software is released open source via github. Compiled binaries are released for all major platforms. Software is as user friendly as possible. Software can be customized using configuration files.

update

beta of first versions https://github.com/wolf9466/wolf-xmr-miner/releases/tag/0.1

Replies: 54
Reply to: Wolf0 Lloydimiller4
Lloydimiller4 posted 8 years ago Replies: 1 | Weight: -120 | Link [ - ]

Even if you don't care about them, others do. I would appreciate it if you made your miner available to Macs, even if I have to donate some extra for you to do it. I want Monero to be available to all, including the mining for it. Please reconsider

Reply to: Lloydimiller4
Wolf0 posted 8 years ago Replies: 1 | Weight: -120 | Link [ - ]

I don't use Macs, and I don't support them due to them not giving a shit about compatibility.

Lloydimiller4 posted 8 years ago Replies: 1 | Weight: -120 | Link [ - ]

Hey Wolf, do you have instructions to get this miner working on an iMac with a radeon 290x? It is my friends and he is interested in mining on it, but I don't have the first clue about how to use a mac, so I will need ELI5 instructions. Thanks!

Wolf0 posted 8 years ago Weight: -122 | Link [ - ]

Reconnecting issues appears to be fixed.

Wolf0 posted 8 years ago Weight: -125 | Link [ - ]

Update: Thought I fixed the reconnect issue; technically, I did, as it DOES reconnect. But shares are submitted with the ID from the OLD connection, causing rejections after the first disconnect. Working on it.

Gingeropolous posted 8 years ago Weight: -159 | Link [ + ]

there was no linux binary release, right?

Reply to: Wolf0 muchoman Wolf0 muchoman
muchoman posted 8 years ago Weight: -164 | Link [ + ]

I think you're right. On sgminer I have to add --gpu-platform 1 to get them work.

Reply to: muchoman Wolf0 muchoman
Wolf0 posted 8 years ago Replies: 1 | Weight: -164 | Link [ + ]

Intel CPU OpenCL drivers may be using platform 0, which would return no GPUs. I need to add a parameter for selecting the platform in the config file.

Reply to: Wolf0 muchoman
muchoman posted 8 years ago Replies: 1 | Weight: -164 | Link [ + ]

I have on platform 0 and 1 and drivers are installed

Reply to: muchoman
Wolf0 posted 8 years ago Replies: 1 | Weight: -164 | Link [ + ]

You don't have any GPUs on platform 0 - or no drivers installed for them.

muchoman posted 8 years ago Replies: 1 | Weight: -164 | Link [ + ]

Getting this error. Error -1 when calling clGetDeviceIDs for number of devices.

Reply to: Luzer snakes
Wolf0 posted 8 years ago Weight: -164 | Link [ + ]

Oops, index should probably be zero for the default config.

Reply to: snakes
Luzer posted 8 years ago Replies: 1 | Weight: -165 | Link [ + ]

I get the error below when I use the default config. I do have two graphic cards and when I remove card 1 from the config it works

Selected OpenCL device index 1 doesn't exist.

Reply to: Wolf0 Luzer
Luzer posted 8 years ago Weight: -165 | Link [ + ]

Ended up using 15.7.1 http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows+7+-+64

Reply to: Luzer
Wolf0 posted 8 years ago Replies: 1 | Weight: -165 | Link [ + ]

That's WAY old, but may work. 15.7 is the one I used.