Please login or register.

For each identity a separate Monero wallet but all with the[...]

Hello people,

I need to create multiple Monero wallets but I don't want them to be tied to each other because each wallet is for a separate identity.

Since downloading the Monero blockhain and importing it takes very long, I would like to know whether it's "safe" to download the monero-cli and the raw blockchain inside a clean VM (Whonix-workstation) and then import the blockchain in Monero. After that I clone the VM into multiple VM's. From there in each VM I will run the Monero daemon and create a wallet.

What risks does this scenario have if I don't want the wallets to be tied to each other? When I download monero-cli and the raw blockchain, does this create an uniqueness inside the Workstation or not? If not, will importing it create an uniqueness?

Or is it in any way much safer to download, import and sync the blockchain again for each identity?

Thank you all in advance for your help.

Replies: 1
moneromooo posted 6 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

It is fine, but you don' t need to have blockchains. That's the whole point of node and wallet being separate. You can create several wallets, an have them all use the same daemon/blockchain. The daemon can be on a different VM than the wallets too.