Please login or register.

How can I import MyMonero account in Monero-wallet-cli ?

I want to import my MyMonero account into my Monero-wallet-cli. I've searched and found many tutorials on how to do this. But it all doesn't work for me. Maybe the software changed over time and certain commands don't work anymore?

I know how to find my address, spendkey and viewkey in MyMonero, so I'm set to go. I'm using a Mac and I've tried opening the Monero-wallet-cli and using the --generate-from-keys mymonero.wallet command, but this is somehow not a valid command (anymore?). It wants me to create a new wallet and then it tells me that this wallet (the command) doesn't exist and asks me if I want to name my new wallet after the command I gave it. So I'm lost.

As you can tell I'm quite new to this. Can somebody please tell me (step by step) how I can do this? Thanks!

Replies: 4
gundamlancer posted 7 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

You can use the GUI so its easier. http://monero.stackexchange.com/questions/3775/how-to-import-a-mymonero-wallet-with-the-monero-gui

For your other questions please ask at http://monero.stackexchange.com/

Falkenbergo posted 7 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

I'm having the same problem and no I dont want to use GUI. I want to use a cold wallet. But apprently the programs changed and all the tutorials uses Bitmonero and simplewallet.

But why has it changed to monerod and monero wallet cli?

Nothing seems like it works. Because how can i restore from my wallet generator, when I cant even type in restore wallet? Like he says it wants me to create a new wallet? Does anyone want to help me to use this new software in which nobody writes about nor talk about? Its so wierd

thanks

Falkenbergo posted 7 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

Please anyone?

Otaci posted 7 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

You need to use the --generate-from-keys option.

Start the CLI wallet using:

monero-wallet-cli --generate-from-keys

You will then be prompted for your Standard address (Account address), Spend Key, and View Key, one after the other. You can get these from MyMonero Account Details.