Please login or register.

exception while reading from file

I downloaded the raw blockchain but when I try to import it I very frequently run into this error:

2016-Jul-25 11:25:46.854298 exception while reading from file, height=87782: Error attempting to retrieve a block hash from the db: MDB_TXN_FULL: Transaction has too many dirty pages - transaction too big

To get past it I have to run bitmonerod and download some of the blockchain manually before resuming. I don't want to do it that way as I'm using whonix which means the whole blockchain would be downloaded over Tor.

Replies: 2
SwiftAnt posted 7 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

I couldn't think of a way around this so I copied the .bitmonero from another machine to this one. Now I get this error message:

2016-Jul-26 11:44:15.378831 ERROR /DISTRIBUTION-BUILD/src/common/boost_serialization_helper.h:108 Exception at [unserialize_obj_from_file], what=invalid signature
moneromooo edited 7 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

If you're running on 32 bits, that transaction too big thing might be fixed in current master.

As for the invalid signature, the boost serialization files (wallet cache, pool state, p2p state) aren't compatible between architectures. The wallet keys file is though. If it's the wallet cache, current git prints a suggestion to remove it.