Thanks for the donations. Much appreciated. I will be starting my work on 1-1-2019 (right after CCC).
Full-time GUI coding
funded of XMR180.00 target
Many improvements to make. My full-time focus will give it the attention it needs. My Qt workflow (using qml-xmr) is efficient and can more quickly iterate on changes.
Tangible tasks with priority:
- Redesigning the onboarding (start-up wizards). I've already started on this
- Theme/color scheme switching
- Refactoring of existing code
- Improving the GUI
- Mobile support (?!)
- Solve various UX issues
- Take a shot at implementing async communication with monerod - this would stop the GUI freezing periodically
- Allow calendar date for restoration height
- History page becomes unresponsive when too much txs
- Do some work on the mobile mode
- Look into the DPI issues
- Re-implement all pop-up windows (for example, the transaction confirmation window)
- Fixing existing bugs / Solving Github issues
- Collaborate together with graphic designers
- Reach consensus with the community before big changes
- Collaborate with other Monero contributors / review open PRs
- Maintain the issue tracker over at the
- Debug issues
- Support users
- Maintain tickets
- Community support on Reddit
This is a limited set of to-do's straight from the issue tracker. There is, most definitely, more. The above list serves as an indication of things I want to look into.
3 months lines up with the amount of work I plan on doing. 40 hours a week. 45$ a hour. With the Monero exchange rate at ~ $102, and a target rate of $45 a hour, three months end up giving a donations target of 180 XMR.
Every 2 weeks + write-up which totals 6 payouts/write-ups (80 hour of work to reflect on per write-up).
Thank you for the previous donations.
- Edit #1: Lowered hourly rate from 50 to 45.
- Edit #2: Added more tasks
- Edit #3: Lowered hourly rate to 37.50
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- Hash: SHA512 Full-time GUI coding - by dsc [email protected]protonmail.com -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE----- iQIzBAEBCgAdFiEERltzNUQ9QKL43NX4e7yD16iBCqsFAlvEUigACgkQe7yD16iB CqupVA//RfdvFqItcAWgKsU7vT3yj1RnldjSsJUZWpLBWeP+OgnBTa++T1RECqv3 8VDVpCLYZAOQG6FWTSJu7h1GewtP4Oo9sVYEHMhznNHhm94FuMLXL4rXma2URCDv xrhPz8ysiGTRO59W+1RZQKmneLMdpt0YD50jd4iEotXXp8twhM2J4W44yveaHiVB Km0morY8KYRyGLZxCHU7kfsM5GqT4gPDcsx/eLWyHu+2mvO1xZ/14hqNceg3WuIQ AyNIbTH1VtYeZFt8uGGNUY4bqEras6kKW7woNZeT0cD1ZHoWOfV9gbxfwcM2ao7h LHh77+B+EuCIZ/jzRCaMBVrNyuo4gc49JqKISYXoHSJ6+AJlb687GnqyQ5kG5WEJ 8M1p3wDB/5BbJEeVvFhdCHi8NW+r2oFh9A+U29HMRx61borN5Ja/lM1CN37dCJzd quu9BPeRfaGCtOrBPz1SAN15p1duAUT6K5qXjflScqc5/iTQVtTPg9lkxwOWoAbe AUFYubioh7TI05Nf2Lq9SKuapbjPG32IM2feFjFZHS3Oe79bGQUyLBasiFrHXR+y GZixaPukHChKIJ0KKpDzRsggiLa/Y6wS0IuoIIi8cRFAB3mRHkLLvpsGbZ6+aUZ2 OGfTPOy/6qbcSb2mRDkWl03aaACD7hAJDmWU/p2SwIothz3Ow4k= =5S6i -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
I do not use the GUI but understand it's importance as well as the need to improve it. I do watch it's development and have followed the work dsc has done on it especially all the work done getting it ready for the new release. He is knowledgeable, works well with others and has an obvious passion. I support this and who knows, maybe the GUI will get so good that I won't be able to resist using it :D