Please login or register.

moneromooo coding, october - december

We're a month from the end of the three month schedule again, and I'm up for three more months of monero coding.

My reports for the current period can be found at https://forum.getmonero.org/6/ideas/90280/more-mooo-monero-coding-july-september

I expect I'll probably be working on things like pruning, RPC payment, blackball improvements, and whatever protocol improvements sarang/surae come up with.

With the Monero exchange rate at ~ $115 $105 $120 $114 $117 $108 $112 $107 $110 $119, and a target rate of $30 + 0.2 monero an hour, three months end up giving a donations target of 240 253 234 241 237 248 243 250 246 235 monero.

Thank you again for your donations to help me make Monero ever better :)

Replies: 19
samsunggalaxyplayer edited 5 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

I obviously support this.

el_ruobuob edited 5 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

I will be donating for more mooo coding!

Alex058 edited 5 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

I’m very happy you propose to continue to code, so I support this.

kevcrumb posted 5 years ago Replies: 1 | Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

When mooo-ve to funding required?

Reply to: kevcrumb
moneromooo posted 5 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

Whenever pony finds a moment :)

el_ruobuob posted 5 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

on its way :)

antw081 posted 5 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

Donated.

Alex058 posted 5 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

Donated

One-horse-wagon edited 5 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

I gave. Thanks for your work.

keatonofthedrake edited 5 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

Donation coming your way!

binaryFate posted 5 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

+15 XMR on behalf of XMR.to

oneiric posted 5 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

Donated, here's to more amazing mooo coding!

moneroscobar edited 5 years ago Replies: 2 | Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

i highly recommend revoking moneromooos commit access and not funding him, so far he is responsible for two critical bugs inside Monero.

Reply to: moneroscobar
el_ruobuob posted 5 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

Sure, if no code is ever develop, no bug will appear... I suggest we hire more full time devs instead, so critical bugs responsibility will not always be on the same guy.

Reply to: moneroscobar
moneromooo posted 5 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

You're missing the point. If you're waiting for someone who never has bugs, you'll only get people who never do anything. Relying on one person only goes so far, and everyone (except maybe Donald Knuth) will make mistakes at some point. But all is not lost! You can help make Monero better by getting off your backside and start reviewing. You don't have to pick a large chunk of code either. You can start by reviewing a small function, a set of them, etc. If you have questions about the code, we're on #monero-dev on Freenode. If you select part of a new PR, post your doubts on the PR itself. This is how we do, and this is how we build, but it's a group effort, and the more people get it, the better Monero will be. Welcome :)