Please login or register.

Funding for a Monero subforum on the largest chinese BTC for[...]

who am i:

translate gui wallet to Simplified Chinese monero-core pull 670

admin of china xmr-chat group, 2000+ followers (tencent qq group number: 605809242, 584465213)

what:

There is no Chinese discussion forum and bbs specifically for monero. Monero only occasionally appears in a discussion or an article regarding the anonymity of Bitcoin. Currently, most of monero beginners in China have no technical background and poor English proficiency, which greatly limits their participation in the monero.

To increase monero's media exposure while allowing more people to know monero, I propose to cooperate with 8btc, which is china's most well-known cryptocurrencies discussion forum, and open a separate forum for monero on the 8btc.

Currently, 8btc has more than 50K registered members and the 3000+ number of active people per day.

Cooperating with 8btc can gain wide attentions for XMR to the largest extent.

I will be the administrator of the discussion forum for monero. At the same time, I will write a series of posts about FAQ, user guide for wallet and mining, translate for roadmap and news...

Moreover, as for any Chinese localization need of the monero community, I can organize people to translate. Thus, the progress of the monero can spread to the Chinese community at the highest speed.

Here are all important advantages short summarized which 8BTC and China would bring to Monero:

• More nodes, stronger network

• Need for chinese exchanges (Okcoin, Huobi) to offer XMR for trade

• Price and liquidity rise through new investors

• More developers, bigger community, more donations, more development

Here are all important advantages summarized which 8BTC would bring to Monero: https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/6flqvd/lets_fund_xmr_adoptation_in_china_monero_on_the/

price:

The costs for the forum are 170.000 chinese Yuan, around 570 XMR for 12 months as the 8BTC.com service is not free.

this is donation monero address: wait for the FFS proposal then we will start to collect the fund for this, the XMR core team can then collect the funds, act as escrow and provide the XMR to 8BTC.

Replies: 9
fluffypony posted 6 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

Contributed 180 XMR from the general donation fund

gym7rjm posted 6 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

contributed +4 XMR!

pa posted 6 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

+60

xmr_eric edited 6 years ago Replies: 1 | Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

I don't understand. Opening a forum on this bulletin board costs almost $30,000 per year? Forgive me, but this sounds a bit dodgy to me.

Reply to: xmr_eric
prometheus posted 6 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

8BTC is the focal point where chinese BTC investors and interested people meet who usually do not speak enough english to be active in BTC talk. It is the largest BTC forum in china and on this way XMR will be presented on a very focussed way to the right people who otherwise would not know about it. After 1 year I think we will collect enough interested new chinese Monero fans so we can negotiate for a much better price or just open our own forum.

ArticMine posted 6 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

Donated 320.00 XMR

samsunggalaxyplayer posted 6 years ago Replies: 2 | Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

I think the donation address should be removed from the page for cautionary reasons. There is no way to guarantee that they will indeed refund all donations if it is not successful. The FFS can get funds if enough donors want in the "funding required" phase.

This is the first FFS that is asking for a prepayment. I understand if they do not have the money up-front, but I'm not sure if Monero should create a precedent of prepaying for projects, even if this one goes without issue. Perhaps the Core Team can make the payment directly to 8BTC? I also suggest that someone verify the quoted amount with 8BTC.

Reply to: samsunggalaxyplayer
firperfect posted 6 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

thankyou. the address removed.

Reply to: samsunggalaxyplayer
prometheus posted 6 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

I would like to see this moved to FFS so we can see how much we can collect. The response of the community on reddit was that we should at least try the FFS and who wants to contribute can do so. The sentiment was maybe 50:50 or better in my opinion.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/6flqvd/lets_fund_xmr_adoptation_in_china_monero_on_the/

8BTC offered to take the XMR forum online after 50 % of the funds have arrived in their XMR wallet. 24h after the forum is online they would like to recieve the remaining XMR.