Please login or register.

Monero Outreach: Round 2

A big thanks again to everyone who supported our initial FFS!(final report) We learned a lot during the first round, have created a solid foundation, and are ready to jump back in for a new round of Outreach related awesomeness. We hope the Monero community is as enthusiastic as us about what’s ahead! Below is a breakdown of what we intend to work on. Please note the Ongoing Project Tasks that we are working on now, during, and in between our FFS proposals. We have continued to volunteer on this important endeavour in between proposals.

WHO:

Monero Outreach. We are a team of creators, writers, technicians, translators, and visionaries. This is our Mandate:

1. Drive greater Monero adoption and awareness through a variety of outreach-related activities - particularly public relations, education, and marketing.
  2. Respect the work done by the Core Developers and community workgroups, the founding principles of Monero, and to the Monero ethos at all turns in the road so we do not jeopardize the integrity of what makes Monero great.
  3. Make the world a better place through Monero. We are motivated by the question: "How can we expect to prepare our children to live in this world, if we haven't prepared the world for our children?"

Learn more about us on our website: https://www.monerooutreach.org/about.php You can see what Monero Outreach has produced here, here, and here.

WHAT:

This is what we will be working on for the next few months:

November

• Update code on backend of website to make future content and localization projects more efficient and streamlined
  • Add page on website for investors and family offices for purchasing XMR
  • Finish creating the French and Spanish versions of monerooutreach.org
  • Ongoing project tasks.*

December

• PSA- Run Your Own Node campaign
  • Finish PDF Generator on backend of website to automatically update Quick Facts data and other toolkits
  • Recruit volunteer for translation/localization oversight

January

• Publish Monero SWOT Analysis
  • Finish Portuguese (and work toward Chinese) version of monerooutreach.org

* Ongoing Project Tasks:

• Write original Monero articles and share widely via social media and journalist/publication email list (Goal of 3 new stories per month)
  • Translate all new content (minimum Spanish, French, and Portuguese)
  • Merge content w/ getmonero.org and improve Press Kit section of website
  • Continuously update toolkits and Quick Facts sheet
  • Post Monero updates on Twitter, Reddit, Blockfolio Signals, CoinGecko Beam, etc.
  • Attempt to secure new revenue streams so we are not continually relying on FFS (Designs for Monero branded clothing, partnerships with mining pools or businesses, etc.)
  • Seek and organize experts for discussing feasibility of MONSAT (Monero Orbiting Node Satellite) and other space initiatives (communication channel establish and individuals recruited)
  • Seek and organize experts for discussing how to actively bring Monero adoption to countries like Venezuela and other economically challenged regions of South America and Africa (communication channel establish and individuals recruited)
  • Continue seeking methods to innovate and move forward on our Roadmap

HOW MUCH:

Totals:

Thunderosa (Design Lead): 21 XMR

Lh1008 (Coordinator): 15 XMR

Xmrhaelan (Organizer): 3 XMR

High Quality Writers: 13.5 XMR (1.5 XMR at current prices for each piece written)

Translators: 22.5 XMR (0.1 XMR at current prices per 1,000 words translated)

Proofreading: 3 XMR

Project Support: 3 XMR

Communications Support: 3 XMR

Grand Total: 84 XMR

Breakdowns by month:

November

Thunderosa: 7 XMR

Lh1008: 5 XMR

Xmrhaelan: 1 XMR

Writers: 4.5 XMR

Translators: 7.5 XMR

Proofreading: 1 XMR

Project Support: 1 XMR

Communications Support: 1 XMR

Monthly total: 28 XMR

December

January

Replies: 6
anonimal posted 5 years ago Replies: 1 | Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

0.001% of the work produced by the "outreach" workgroup says anything about Kovri. This has been happening since the workgroup's inception.

Since I can't donate 0.001 XMR, I will refrain from donating anything.

Reply to: anonimal
xmrhaelan posted 5 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

Thanks for pointing this out. I apologize for the lack of production about Kovri and I wish you would have said something sooner, as this is the first time I've heard from you about it. While we have mentioned Kovri in the Quick Facts since our inception, I get your point. We actually were talking about Kovri this week and we are adding to our list of article topics for our writers to begin working on. I hope you will reconsider and at the very least, reach out to us if you have any specific ideas!

Alex058 posted 5 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

Donated

obit33 posted 5 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

+2 love you work btw!

keatonofthedrake posted 5 years ago Replies: 1 | Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

Move to funding and i'll contribute!

Reply to: keatonofthedrake
xmrhaelan posted 5 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

It's been moved. Thanks for your support!