Please login or register.

Monero community "hedge fund"

Hi, I have been a long time XMR supporter and I have pointed a few cpu's and gpu's in Monero's direction. Basically a fan.

I am a technical analyst in the financial markets and trade (and invest) mostly with Cryptocurrencies. Self taught and funded I am not a part of any company, however I do have a few fund managers (that work for companies) in my team.

Been enjoying all the poster submissions and have had a good chuckle at Monero cat who is a billionaire playboy by day!

What I am going to propose here is very powerful and I have not extended this offer to any other crypto communities.

_The IDEA: Monero community fund. _

Firstly so we are all on the same page here. What is a hedge fund?

Hedge funds are alternative investments using pooled funds that employ numerous different strategies to earn active return, or alpha, for their investors. Hedge funds may be aggressively managed or make use of derivatives and leverage in both domestic and international markets with the goal of generating high returns (either in an absolute sense or over a specified market benchmark). It is important to note that hedge funds are generally only accessible to accredited investors as they require less SEC regulations than other funds. One aspect that has set the hedge fund industry apart is the fact that hedge funds face less regulation than mutual funds and other investment vehicles.

Read more: Hedge Fund investopedia.com/terms/h/hedgefund.asp#ixzz4t7bOikpd

As you can see that "hedge funds" are not exactly considered "legal" or easily created in the fiat realm. (Because they are so powerful, a select few manage them)

I will just call this fund a community fund.

I propose a community fund that would be managed by a council of trusted members in the community. I need to be added to this council or at the very least be in contact with them. I will prove my identity to a select few in the council (if that is needed), fluffypony being the obvious choice.

Rules on how the fund functions will ultimately be decided by the council.

Me and my team are always busy analyzing the crypto markets, especially the majors like btc/usd. We can effectively help the community by giving them a unbiased view on the cryptocurrency markets, especially the Monero markets.

Why a fund? The fund will trade solely on Monero (XMR) markets helping to increase overall trading volume. Don't underestimate this.

Insider trading info for Monero holders. - We have a forum where we help people trade (survive :P) the crypto markets. I can create a private forum to which I will invite all the contributors to this project. Here the insiders can see which market/markets we have identified to trade, then all contributors can open positions before the "community fund" begins to trade. (please bear in mind I am really simplifying this just to pitch the idea) Don't mistake this for a pump and dump scheme.

The fund gives back to the community. - The council votes every month and decide how much of the gains will be compounded (added to the community fund in order to grow it further) and how much will be donated back to Monero projects that need funding. 5% of the gains will come to my team for our participation in this project. If the fund does not grow then the trading team gets no share in the gains.

The fund can donate to charity - Example: An up an coming programmer in the Monero community with no money to further their studies. A community fund like this could donate a substantial amount of Monero every year to people in need.

Protection (liquidity) - Depending on how big this fund will grow, it could effectively wipe out mini-whales (and eventually some whales) trying to manipulate the Monero markets. Example: A fake 25 btc Monero sell wall appears in order to quickly drive Monero prices even lower after a big drop. Our trading team identifies the situation and snatch the fake sell wall off the order books leaving the mini-whale quite sad and without his XMR. As our team will focus to grow the Monero in the fund, when the prices are right whales will have to tread carefully.

This is a great way to produce more capital for Monero community projects/giveaways/advertising while building more awareness for the Monero ecosystem.

Why my team? Bull or bear market we keep the gains on the table, since the drop in BTC price from $5000 our team has increased both our fiat, bitcoin and altcoin holdings.

This is a very rough pitch, if it generates any interest I can always clarify on all these points and also add a few more if needed. Topics like "How will the funds be managed?" and "Won't you take all the Moneros!!?" can discussed if this is something the Monero community is interested in.

Take care and thanks for your time.

Replies: 3
ajs edited 6 years ago Replies: 1 | Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

Does not really matter if one calls it a "community fund", it is the actual activities that are looked at. If the idea is to operate in the U.S., this is just asking for trouble from the SEC and state regulators. Erik Voorhees got hit with fines a couple years back and with the recent investor bulletin, it appears that the SEC might eventually start cracking down on questionable investment vehicles. Also, "council of trusted members" raises serious concerns of centralization in a project that supposed be decentralized and trustless

Reply to: ajs
zerocool posted 6 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

Thanks for your input. I have to agree with you on the US (and China) situation. Personally I am not located in the USA and it is quite possible to set up a "hedge fund" here where I reside. One little problem for the SEC though, seeing Monero is a bit hard to trace how will a fund that operates outside of the USA be affected?

Max366 posted 6 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

Here I bought two video cards in working condition! https://asic-minerworld.com/ And most importantly they were cheap, before ever this matter was not engaged, but thanks to the quality of the product I have easily it has become to get)