Please login or register.

GUI wallet

Hello,

I'm trying to set up a gui wallet. Have created the wallet received the 25 word seed, added a password to it, waited first time to sync full and closed the wallet. Didn't deposit or nothing. Everytime i open the wallet now is like like the beggining, asking me if to create new wallet, to add the seed etc...and i add again the seed and password and again is starting to sync, again many hours of wait. Someone said this is wrong, after you create the account first time the next time you open the wallet it should request you only the password. What am I doing wrong ?Also syncing takes forever, more than 1 day...

Replies: 3
flyup posted 6 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

Try re-downloading the wallet and re-installing. What OS and GUI version?

tevezz posted 6 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

I've downloaded the 64 windows version from here : https://getmonero.org/downloads/, running on Windows 8.1. What should I install ? After unziping the folder you have the icon with monero gui wallet there. I opened that, created a wallet and problem start. Don t think the sync will ever finish either I don t have patience to wait days and maybe never work.

flyup posted 6 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

I don't know much about windows (and suspect your OS is the problem) -

You may want to try initializing a linux VM and running your wallet from there. Make sure your OS is updated. It takes patience for the initial sync to complete. The monero blockchain is approximately 37GB.