Please login or register.

unable to transfer moneros out of my monero-wallet-cli

Hello,

I understand that normally, in order to transfer funds out of my monero-wallet-cli, where I have 5.4 moneros or so, you hit the command

transfer < address > < amount >

By the way, for some reason, the Monero message box doesn't reproduce the brackets if I leave no spaces after the brackets <....>, so I'm adding them here, though normally I would just replace the whole thing, including the bracets with the address and the amount.

I did that. What happens is a bizarre request to provide my password - again - despite the fact that I already entered the password, which was required for me to access my wallet in the first case (where the password obviously worked, or I wouldn't have been able to log into my wallet in the first place).

I also get the error message "failed to parse address," despite the fact that I know for a fact that the destination address I provided (my Poloniex Monero address) is correct, having copy-pasted it several times with the same error message.

What is going on?

Can anyone help me complete this transfer out of my Monero Wallet into my Poloniex Monero address?

Thank you, QS

Replies: 2
alexsc posted 6 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

Same issue here. The only error that my Client has, that it can't find two DNS?!

kstan333 posted 6 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

Something I realized when sending coins, if the receiving address is not correct form (eg. letters are CAPS sensitive) then the error "failed to parse address" is returned. A very simple issue and probably not the one you're dealing with but I wanted to leave this here for whoever comes across this post.