Please login or register.

stolen coins

created a wallet and deposited coins, 3 days later a transaction that I did not make took 'em all.

how the F''' can this happen?

Replies: 5
MeetThePyro posted 6 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

Same for me.. open a Waller, deposit coins, and 2 hours later à transaction i didnt make took them all..

osensei posted 7 years ago Replies: 1 | Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

Where and how did you create that wallet?

Reply to: osensei
mrsray edited 7 years ago Replies: 1 | Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

https://mymonero.com/#/create-your-account and followed the steps ... I guess the real question is, where are the wrong places and how is the wrong way to create a wallet?

Reply to: mrsray osensei
RunTheTrap edited 7 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

Well if you read the website it says this: "it is extremely difficult for MyMonero to securely deliver its code to your browser. This means that there is considerable risk in using MyMonero for large amounts!

It is recommended that you treat MyMonero as you would treat your actual wallet, and not store very large amounts in it. For long-term storage of Monero you should create a cold wallet using MoneroAddress or similar. "

I opened my own account on MyMonero and you don't even have an option to protect your login with 2FA or a password. The only thing keeping others from logging in is a 13 word login which I assume can easily be bruteforced or sniffed out in a man-in-the-middle attack.

I personally recommend using the official Monero Core found here instead of a web wallet as there's usually issues with security.

denero posted 6 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

How did you make a wallet? How did you "deposit coins"? Have you made sure your computer you are using does not have a virus?