Please login or register.

Problems With MyMonero & Light Wallet

I'm a relative newbie to Monero. I generated an address on moneroaddress and sent XMR to the public key. The transactions are on the blockchain but when I go to Mymonero and put in the details, it shows I have 0 XMR. I have emailed support twice and gotten no response (also wrote about this on the reddit subforum).

I subsequently decided to try and create a LightWallet on my PC in the hopes that my (invisible to mymonero) coins would appear. I downloaded both the Windows and Java versions. However with both after I fill in a name and password and press create, nothing happens. I don't want to run a node at this stage so I don't know where to turn next.

Any suggestions (please, no linux and no "run a node" suggestions.... thanks)

Replies: 3
dEBRUYNE posted 7 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

Hi,

Did this get resolved?

Anyway, if transactions already occurred for your account you have to pay MyMonero an import fee of 1 XMR. There is a simple way around this though. Note that you need your 25 word mnemonic seed for this.

[1] Go to this page and download the Windows binaries.

[2] Extract the binaries (.ZIP file) to a directory of your liking.

[3] Go to the directory and open monero-wallet-gui.

[4] First change localhost:18081 to node.supportxmr.com:18081.

[5] Then choose "Restore wallet from 25 word mnemonic seed".

[6] Enter a wallet name and enter the 25 word mnemonic seed of the wallet generated with moneroaddress.

[7] Now follow the steps in the wizard.

[8] Lastly, the wallet should start refreshing and your coins should show up when you are fully refreshed.

bitohoney posted 7 years ago Replies: 1 | Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

It's been a month but I was able to straighten this out although I can't recall exactly how. Thanks for following up.

Reply to: bitohoney
dEBRUYNE posted 7 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

Good to hear!