Please login or register.

Mining all day and still no coin

Hello,

I have been mining at 80 hash/s since yesterday night. When I check the wallet it is still at 0.

I wonder if it is normal ?

Best Regards,

Replies: 10
nioc posted 8 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

Your pending balance will increase whenever the pool finds a block and it matures 60 network blocks later. You can see the blocks your pools finds and their maturing status under "Pool Blocks" on their website. How large your pending balance needs to get before receiving a payment you will find under "Payments". Good luck and let me know when you get some pending balance as well your first payment.

Tonyoh posted 8 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

Hi nioc it seems to be now working. I still have 0 as balance but it seems that the pool took into account the hash power. Could you please let me know if 300/s os good with i7 6700k 16go? also I use wolf miner :)

nioc posted 8 years ago Replies: 1 | Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

I don't know what your HR should be with the 6700k but 300 H/s is close. Since it has 8MS L3 cache you can run up to 4 threads so you would use -t 2 as the last parameter. With that HR I believe you should get ~ 0.2XMR a day.

Reply to: nioc

Hi Nioc, Thank you very much, in fact I am using -t 4. I tried -t 8 and result was bad, and with a single thread it was about 80h/s. So you think that I should be using -t 2 ?

Also is there a way to mine with both wolf miner AND nvidia card (gtx970) ? I googled a bit and it seems I need to set up one ram dedicated to the GPU... I was not able to find any tutorial.

Many thanks anyways :)

nioc edited 8 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

Sorry that -t 2 was a typo and -t 4 should give the highest HR. Obviously you can always use less threads if you want to reduce CPU load for whatever reason. If you like you can play with the -t vakue to see what actually happens.

Yes you can mine CPU and GPU at the same time. Sorry but I have no experience with GPU mining. If nobody helps you here you can try on IRC #monero there is always somebody there who can help. There is also a Monero mining thread over at the zoo which is bitcoin talk (bct) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=653467.780

Good luck and let me know how it works out for you. I hope to be GPU mining in the near future.

JJabrams posted 7 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

Bro, give Minergate a try! I've been using it making 5-10$ a day!

nioc posted 8 years ago Replies: 1 | Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

YES From what you say I assume you are solo mining. The current network HR is 16MH/s so you have 80/16,000,000 of the HR or 0.0005% which are your odds of mining the next block. You may mine a block in a year. If you mine on a pool you will earn a little bit everytime the pool finds a block. With your HR you should earn about 1 Monero every 3 weeks+

Reply to: nioc
Tonyoh edited 8 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

Hi,

I have been mining for 1 week and still 0 coin. But only since yesterday night in pool with wolf miner. Is it normal?... Address: 45oQScwrAAbNhDvQvK6a3KgC8isvWzYnRN3uHCsCZfQqSkHUBUFUFrXj6CwkfDdnYBXdS6FEV1GtuiG6QBRokA......... Pending Balance: 0.000000000000 XMR Total Paid: 0.000000000000 XMR Last Share Submitted: 3 minutes ago Hash Rate: 310.54 H/sec Total Hashes Submitted: 227962

Best Regards,

Hi Nioc, thank you very much for your reply ! :)

Could you let me know if any of these miners are better ? https://moneropool.com/#getting_started And also if it is really understand to mine in a pool since there is 2% fees but how to setup ? From what I understand I should use mine.moneropool.com and let's say 3333 as port. What is the reward for completing a block ? I could not find the information anywhere. Many thanks again :) Sorry for the dumb questions I am new to Linux.

nioc edited 8 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

Since you are mining with your CPU I suggest you use Wolf's miner. This is assuming your CPU supports AES-NI. You can google your processor to find out. Also note the amount of L3 cache as this will determine how many threads are optimal to use. 2MB per thread is recommended. If your processor doesn't support AES-NI I find the original LucasJones CPU miner to be a bit better. With your HR I think think Moneropool's starting difficulty of 25,000 is too high.

As far as which pool, in the US try Monerohash.com port 3333 and their fee is 1.6% They also lists other pools, https://monerohash.com/#network In Europe try http://minexmr.com/ probably port 5555 and their fee is 1%

You can run the miner totally independent of anything else related to Monero. I am an idiot with computers and have only used windows. All I remember is downloading the miner and with help, creating a bat file which is used to start it. The bat file was where I put some like: minerd -a cryptonight -o stratum+tcp://monerohash.com:3333 -u YOUR_WALLET_ADDRESS -p x you can choose the # of cores/threads used by adding (space) -t # and the end. For 2 cores it would be -t 2

Edit: How much you receive when the pool finds a block is proportional to the # of hashes you contribute. You can see how it is payed out under "payments" in each pool.