Please login or register.

IRC Dev Meeting: Every 2nd Sunday at 5pm UTC

Hi everyone,

We're going to start holding dev meetings every 2 weeks on IRC. They will be in #monero-dev on Freenode, and everyone is welcome to attend. Logs can be published later, if anyone wants to take that task, and we will accept pull requests with logs (cleaned of joins / parts, please) under the Dev Diaries blog tag.

Structure

The meeting will start promptly at 5pm, and our aim will be to keep meetings under 30 minutes, an hour at the absolute most. This first meeting might be a bit lengthy as we have a lot to go through, and it's our first meeting:)

I will chair the meeting, and in my absence another member of the Core Team, or possibly even one of the active contributors, would be asked to chair the meeting.

In terms of the agenda, anyone can contact me in advance to add an item to the agenda, and the agenda will be published in advance. The first meeting will only have a loose agenda, as we will still be feeling it out.

Disruptions

We don't expect the meeting to be particularly largely attended, and we expect that attendees will generally be respectful and let others talk till they're finished. If we find that attendees become disruptive, even unwittingly, then we will put the room in moderated mode (+m) for the duration of the meeting, with only active contributors voiced. Any others that want to participate can PM any of the ops for voice, knowing that they can be devoiced if they are disruptive.

In this eventuality we will never silence anyone just because they disagree with something, but we may also ask for lengthy discussions to be deferred to a forum thread or a separate meeting. It is important that we respect the efforts everyone is making to attend, and the little time they have.

Decision Making

The dev meeting isn't really the place to make huge decisions. Smaller decisions that directly affect the codebase or contributors timelines can be made there and then. Any larger decisions will be formally proposed, and if supported at the dev meeting will be taken to the community via a thread on this forum, as has been done in the past.

Timezones

This should help you find the time in your timezone

See everyone on Sunday!

Replies: 0