Please login or register.

Own a piece of history - The very first Monerodo

The very first Monerodo (and possibly the only one of its design) is now available for sale. If you want an item that could be a collectors item and contributes to the Monero network and allows you to operate your own mining pool, this is it!

What is it? Simply put, its a computer with a graphics card. Its a computer with a linux operating system (Ubuntu) that has been crafted to run the Monero core software, the monero mining pool software, and the nvidia miner. It draws less than 50 watts and obtains around 190 hashes / second.

Why will there not be more of these? Simply put, this particular design took more time than I planned and I will need to be commissioned to make another of the same. Working with ABS (the plastic) is a pain, and the fumes when heating it up are _probably _not great for me. When I build monerodos in the future, I will simply use small HTPC cases. They are a *lot* bigger than this design.

Price: 400 xmr.

Current specs: This motherboard Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU J1900 @ 1.99GHz, quad core.

2 gig RAM

500 gig 5400 rpm HD

nvidia 750

Possible upgrades:
256 GB SSD = +100 xmr
750 ti (bumps to 280 h/s) = + 50 xmr (and a lot more holes. The mounting holes are different on the ti vs whats in there now).
Increase ram = negotiable (depends on what the deals are)
And I know they make power cables with a right angle on the power supply end.

Price does not include shipping. Will ship international.

Please find below images of the Monerodo, and the web-accessible interface and pool server page.

enter image description here

Replies: 4
fluffypony posted 8 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

I will take it plz:) Ping me on IRC and let's arrange.

Gingeropolous posted 8 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

Yes, its been sold to fluffypony!!

When I have the second one built (which will not be like this one), I will post.

bigreddmachine posted 8 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

This is really a cool thing you put together @Gingeropolous. I know we've talked about it in the past, but I'd love to talk about this again now that you've worked through the entire process and maybe have ideas for improvement, or are looking for ideas!

Great job :)

anonimal posted 7 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

I'm sold on the giant 'M' but I hope you can keep clear of those fumes in the future.

Looking forward to the 2nd, 3rd, 4th...