Please login or register.

Full-time GUI coding

Previous FFS's:

Tasks

Many improvements to make. My full-time focus will give it the attention it needs. My Qt workflow (using qml-xmr) is efficient and can more quickly iterate on changes.

I expect I'll probably be working on things like new QML components, decoupling existing javascript from QML, some C++, making sure buildbot compiles, managing issue tracker, writing documentation etc etc.

Tangible tasks with priority:

Other tasks:

This is a limited set of to-do's straight from the issue tracker. There is, most definitely, more. The above list serves as an indication of things I want to look into.

How much

3 months lines up with the amount of work I plan on doing. 40 hours a week. 45$ a hour. With the Monero exchange rate at ~ $102, and a target rate of $45 a hour, three months end up giving a donations target of 180 XMR.

Payouts

Every 2 weeks + write-up which totals 6 payouts/write-ups (80 hour of work to reflect on per write-up).

Thank you for the previous donations.

• Edit #1: Lowered hourly rate from 50 to 45.
  • Edit #2: Added more tasks
  • Edit #3: Lowered hourly rate to 37.50
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA512

Full-time GUI coding - by dsc
[email protected]

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
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=5S6i
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Replies: 10
dsc edited 5 years ago Weight: 10 | Link [ - ]

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- Hash: SHA512

My first progress update. I will be including 2 months in this write-up.

I started experimenting with new wizards screens in 2018 and Jan. 2019 saw them coming to life. They look excellent, which I largely have kneuffelbund to thank for. Simple mode, as outlined on Github is currently also fully working (see my simple-mode branch) - all tough I am currently missing the appropriate icons/text for those screen. Should be done soon.

The new wizards were quite some work. They've been completely rewritten from scratch (front-end QML and Javascript).

The back-end needed for simple mode I've coded in my own time. It's a combination of py-levin, Python, Nmap and GNU Parallel. It traverses the Monero p2p network to find suitable peers. Via an API call the GUI can fetch those peers and cycle between them (simple mode).

The server will be registered with TransIP and located in Amsterdam. Some effort has been made to make sure it keeps working and I am certain the service will require minimum intervention going forward. Core team will have access to this machine.

Here are some other work I've done, excluding small PRs:

Jan. was a great month. Lots of changes. New version is going to be a big leap forward.

1 months work: 88hJ9sqyFWJKVJ1sRTXrLgfUJnCPgWmi89PicT19XapSGYND6Tok7mQgvx6kvvKqm8RvXTDWAmQUxKj99rX9Dpd1MPFRx64

Up to the next milestone(s) :-) -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----

iQIzBAEBCgAdFiEERltzNUQ9QKL43NX4e7yD16iBCqsFAlxR0mwACgkQe7yD16iB CquhWRAAhD+4aDEliYcnTB59FcH/h/C2ZMJXu+/OIiUUS3sj7DKgTr6dw7ld9584 zP3Dt0tv7De+XcSgduJjBzZpOMLGMamCun3PoFrvXekVEk394k34ohm3OpxtZdIB FT6XH8qa05cikhWQLAUlYzwf++l5Xd2mDyJywKSw3BbzY9AwtrORe7kekiuWlaWC FWWtlLz3h3WkrMq77RgWwijMH4+CRE9NhtBje9mrfahvci3rh9v+pciAWjS95zCS Qshq3+dhORlPlGXv1FOU6ENEVj0tdvoP9yUzxTM7iV/jv7mhoVIuXS2DdLkoeubE NNCAdVmiyBM/9Q5SJP8Ogww3AUcp2jkpzss7oPHbAiRf0fOB7bwlh2vh52RjOyew /6j8cNFvkUB0HvVHO9lrtCLT2R3XoXngBYEZWsPdLdja4aPcf7Mj9If+mrNBDU55 tWG4a+ZbKOQsYOfjqdhXycjWB9g+oPz8eAS+3fPRz0DfqBHMzzlihD64weIh7VM8 vch6wdCtcKhWsGpHU/9la7VrJMDZ0xR/V+2CQGtZFPmkeSXTFQnaheCTa0fBz8S4 A6iWEoP0QYlx6GjADOkosgTg3ULyAp1YXvoKrfWutOFjMjFfGkWe5O+piIlBcwXX ZUPR/Twl+QZzqIr0ZpEL6BmMLrfTTYHJ1xr1ubchdohxWAT66l8= =yxN6 -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

nioc edited 5 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ + ]

I do not use the GUI but understand it's importance as well as the need to improve it. I do watch it's development and have followed the work dsc has done on it especially all the work done getting it ready for the new release. He is knowledgeable, works well with others and has an obvious passion. I support this and who knows, maybe the GUI will get so good that I won't be able to resist using it :D

GoodEnough posted 5 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ + ]

Definitely for this, as the GUI is an essential part of adoption in Monero.

keatonofthedrake posted 5 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ + ]

A clean user experience is important for adoption. Send to funding and I will support!

Electricsheep posted 5 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ + ]

All for this !

erciccione posted 5 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ + ]

Support this.

antw081 posted 5 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ + ]

I would help support this FFS.

keatonofthedrake posted 5 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ + ]

Donation Sent! Thanks for submitting this FFS and contributing to the development!

binaryFate posted 5 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ + ]

+5 XMR on behalf of XMR.to

dsc posted 5 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ + ]

Thanks for the donations. Much appreciated. I will be starting my work on 1-1-2019 (right after CCC).