QT/UX developer. Active in the community via IRC/Reddit (mostly in dev channels).
I am the author of the black-theme, or at least the QT implementation of it.
This work has been documented in an earlier FFS (25 XMR).
This FFS proposal outlines the work I'm planning to do.
The recently released v12.0 Monero GUI has seen UX improvements and had been in development for 5 months.
Now that it has been released, I plan to further iterate on this work by:
- Improving the GUI
- Redesigning the onboarding (start-up wizards)
- Theme/color scheme switching
- Refactoring of existing code
- Mobile support
- Modifying existing pages
- HW Ledger support (?)
- Fixing existing bugs
- Collaborate together with graphic designers
- Reach consensus with the community before big changes
- Collaborate with other Monero contributors
- Maintain the issue tracker over at the
monero-gui on GitHub.
- Debug issues
- Support users
- Maintain tickets
- Community support on Reddit
- Draft up a coding style for the GUI
The current iteration (v12) of the Monero GUI can still improve in many areas. I have ideas, as outlined above and also the community has ideas as to what direction the GUI should move towards.
32 XMR against a hourly rate of 50$ per hour. I'm aiming for 20 hours a week of development. The hourly rate has been increased from my previous FFS (25->50).
Upon reaching funding, I'd receive 12 XMR for:
- the extra hours I made during v12's crunch time.
- 4 more XMR for Kneuffulbund, designer of the black-theme.
The remaining balance will be spend on clearing the to-do's as shown above, working on what has priority.
- In the event that hours are made without proper progression to show for, I will not bill these.
- A monthly summary report will be provided.