Please login or register.

Mastering Monero FFS

Mastering Monero FFS

What is it?

Mastering Monero is your guide through the seemingly complex world of Monero, a leading cryptocurrency with a focus on private and censorship-resistant transactions. The book, available as an e-book and hardcover, will provide the knowledge you need to participate in the most exciting grassroots, community-driven privacy project.

Mastering Monero will be available in the Amazon Self Publishing Store, because the author cannot print the book. Every earnings from the book (the ebook will be free) will be for improving marketing, development and projects of Monero Community.

Mastering Monero will include:

• A broad introduction to blockchain and the importance of privacy - ideal for non-technical users - along with a discussion about Bitcoin’s shortcomings and how Monero provides specific solutions

• An explanation of the technical foundations of Monero for developers, engineers, and software and systems architects

• Details of the Monero decentralized network, peer-to-peer architecture, transaction lifecycle, and security principles

• New developments such as Kovri, Bulletproofs, Multisignature, Hardware Wallets, etc.

• User stories (illustrating how Monero protects your privacy), analogies, examples, legal/ethical discussions, and code snippets illustrating key technical concepts

Basically, it's pure marketing for Monero.

Why?

Over the course of the past few months, during my work on Monero integrations, a lot of users and developers asked me for an all-inclusive resource that can help them understand pertinent details related to Monero. For example: How will Monero help us? How does Monero work? How can Monero generate addresses randomly? Isn’t Bitcoin anonymous?

I expect Mastering Monero to provide answers to key questions regarding Monero - keeping the target audience in mind. I expect the audience to be a mix of new, non-technical users and people who are more familiar with Monero and more technically advanced. Bottom line: The audience will be people who want to know more about Monero.

Who?

I am serhack, an Italian developer who is an active contributor to The Monero Project. I originated the idea for Mastering Monero and will be leading all aspects of the book’s development.

FAQ:

Q: Isn't the title too similar to Mastering Bitcoin written by/published by Andreas/O'Reilly?

A: Yes, the title is very similar to the Mastering Bitcoin book, but I can publish the book without any problems. I've talked with the legal department at O'Reilly. The title isn't and won't be copyrighted.

Q: Will the e-book be free?

A: Yes, it will be available as a pdf and epub file on the masteringmonero.com website. For Amazon Kindle users, there will be a nominal price (Amazon cannot accept $0.00).

Q: Where will I buy the book?

A: You will buy the book in the Amazon Self Publisher Store for a symbolic price. The earnings from the book and Amazon Kindle ebook will be for improving marketing, development and projects of Monero Community.

Q: You’re so amazing, serhack. How do you do it?

A: We do it together. Everything is possible thanks to this community.

Q: Why do you ask so little funds for this big book?

A: I think 40 xmr can be enough for my goal. Everyone should donate more on development project (Monero Research Lab). The book is pure marketing for Monero. Let's share Monero with everyone!

Funds requested

I hope I will publish the book until August 2018, the funds will be used for:

• Design (covers, mockups, banners ...)

• Main content (professional editor will help serhack for reviewing Mastering Monero)

• Marketing

• Secret thing

• Books free shipping for important and big meetups!

XMR REQUESTED: 40 XMR

If you any idea for marketing, improving and sharing the Mastering Monero, please let me know.

Milestones

First milestone (1 XMR):

• Cover design finished by baltsar

Second milestone (9 XMR):

• Content is ready

• professional proof read finished (working on details);

Third milestone (9 XMR): - Design completed

Fourth milestone (15 XMR):

• Ebook releasing

• Marketing

Fiveth milestone (3 XMR) :

• Book Releasing by Amazon Self publishing

Sixth milestone (3 XMR):

• Print 100 copies with Amazon
  • Shipping to Meetups, universities and libraries

Helpful links

The official website

The "summary" (not finished yet) for the book

Draft for Mastering Monero

If you any doubts, questions or ideas, please send a pm to me (/u/serhack , @serhack_ or serhack )!

Replies: 15
JihadWu edited 5 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

You can definitely have free books on Amazon Kindle. I just downloded this book for free. It should also be possible for your book. .

Reply to: antw081
serhack posted 6 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

Thank you!

Reply to: drfred

Thank you!

Reply to: pa

Thank you!

drfred posted 6 years ago Replies: 1 | Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

donated!

antw081 posted 6 years ago Replies: 1 | Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

Donated.

pa edited 6 years ago Replies: 1 | Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

I can't wait to read this book! 8 xmr sent

Reply to: aphexmunky

"Main content" means proofreading too! I'm still looking for a professional editor.

aphexmunky posted 6 years ago Replies: 1 | Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

I don't see in your breakdown any cost for proof-reading. While i'm sure the community will help here, I think it's worth trying to source some professional proof reading throughout the process.

Reply to: cialu

I think we should add a chapter with 'Best Practices' for protecting privacy (you have Monero and that's should be enough for privacy, but we should mark the concept "don't copy paste your seed into forums, mails").

Reply to: flyup serhack flyup
serhack edited 6 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

it's really simple :)

cialu posted 6 years ago Replies: 1 | Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

What about a chapter with 'Best Practices' to use Monero in a safe and secure way(cold wallet, encryption and backup, node with Tor, ..etc)?

Reply to: serhack flyup
flyup posted 6 years ago Replies: 1 | Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

Please fork PHP Monero XMR version and I'll edit and add to your write-up if you wish.

Reply to: flyup
serhack posted 6 years ago Replies: 1 | Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

What do you mean by "wallet"? Monero Wallet RPC? There will be some examples in the 7th chapter :)

flyup posted 6 years ago Replies: 1 | Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

Can you build a code example of a wallet in python and php and put it in your book? I would buy that.