Hey everyone, it's rehrar. Got a proposition for ya.
The following was penned by anonimal:
Your position title for this FFS will be something along the lines of: "Assistant for Kovri Project Management"
You will report to: anonimal
Your work primary will include:
- Being a self-starter, pro-active sub-project leader, seeing what aspects of the project are not kovri code related and taking an initiative of involvement within those aspects in order to resolve related issues (both existing and future)
- If you do not have the ability or authority to resolve any of these issues, you will actively seek assistance from the community to resolve said issues. Doing so will benefit us two-fold: a) the issue will be resolved b) while including more/new people into kovri/monero project development
- Actively monitoring kovri-related or kovri-beneficial meta repo issues, kovri-docs repo issues, and kovri-site repo issues while ensuring that all steps are taken toward resolving said issues
- Progress monitoring of aforementioned issues will be reported to anonimal on a regular basis. Reports will include the measures taken or needed to be taken in order to lead to issue resolution
- Site development
- Continues development on the website, even if all errors and issues are resolved; always asking, "how can this look better, feel better, and be more functional - all while promoting kovri to its fullest"
- /r/Kovri design moderation and upkeep
- Translation team manager
- Ensuring that the existing translation team, as well as future members, are kept up to date on English changes/updates
- Working with everyone on the kovri team to resolve any of the aforementioned issues
Your work secondary will include:
- Kovri promotions including setting up/arranging interviews/podcast/webcasts
- Ensuring an up-to-date press-kit
- Public awareness and education
- Developer outreach
We would need you for a minimum of 40 hours a month, minimum of 3 months.
There are plenty of open issues to resolve, and I know of more to come.
Here is an example of a very small list of github recorded things I would have liked to hand off (NO REGRETS! I enjoyed the work very much. These are examples none-the-less):
As stated,, I'm rehrar. I redesigned the official getmonero.org website, as well as the getkovri.org website from its old design. I have a passion for Kovri, and, honestly, it's the reason I believe so strongly in the Monero Project.
Why should I be hired? Well, if you don't mind me telling a little story. My wife is from Russia. She lives in the USA with me but her family is still there. It seems like every day we're reading about more and more freedoms that the Russian government is taking away from their people. Even meeting peacefully to talk about stopping corruption people are getting arrested and fined. They've even recently passed laws to ban Tor and VPNs.
We worry constantly. What will they take away next? When might it become too dangerous to visit? And Russia isn't even the worst offender when it comes to stuff like this. It's all over the world.
I want to help Kovri because I believe in what it stands for. It gives people a voice. It gives people freedom. It gives people hope. Are these lofty aspirations for a little C++ I2P router? Maybe, but I'm willing to give it all I got. For my family, and for oppressed people everywhere.
Proposal & Milestones
40 hours a month, for three months, 0.35 XMR/hr for a total of 42 XMR. Milestones once a month. If we get this going ASAP I can give 20 hours for the remainder of the month of September too, bringing the total XMR to 49 for 3 and a half months.
If this goes well and everyone involved is happy with my work, we can continue. I will keep track of my hours and update the community via Kovri dev meetings on what I've been up to. My weekly tasks will be jointly decided on by anonimal and I.
Hope to lend my talents here.