Please login or register.

"What is Monero? is produced and open-sourced. The explanati[...]

Hello everyone!

It's been a pleasure creating the first "What is Monero?" promotional video. The custom music, art, and project files have all been open sourced, and we greatly enjoyed the process.

Link to the Final Video
Link to the Github Repo

We (my wife and myself) worked over 40 hours on the video over the course of creating a storyboard, illustrating artwork, animating the art, and making the music. We also coordinated with the whole community via Reddit and Slack channel to make any edits, and welcomed any feedback.

We want to thank people who helped us with the script and edits:

needmoney90 SamsungGalaxyPlayer bitsofic

(I'm sorry to say we lost few names due to Slack history issue. Sorry guys!)

We want to keep our rates as low as possible (we need to eat something!), so we're asking for $10 per hour worked. In total, that is $800 (~110 XMR) between the two of us. We already have some contributions, mainly from needmoney90 and SamsungGalaxyPlayer, for 38 XMR in total. This brings the remaining requested funding down to 72 XMR. If you enjoyed our work, and would like to see more of it in the future, please help fund this request.

We are looking forward to making more videos for Monero in the future, including an explanatory animation on Ring Signatures. Once a proposal has been created for that, we will link to it here.

Thank you for all the community support. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to send me a message on either Slack/IRC (@savandra), or by email (savdeyev at gmail dot com)

Replies: 2
fluffypony posted 7 years ago Replies: 1 | Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

Just to clarify - would you like the forum funding to be for the 110 XMR total or the 72 XMR not funded yet?

Reply to: fluffypony
savandra posted 7 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

I'm sorry for not being clear, only those not funded yet