Please login or register.

Monero support for Trezor

Who wants Trezor to support Monero? Sadly it doesn't currently. I think it would be awesome and would like to work on this.

I'd like to raise at least 500XMR so I could make it happen. Want to beef up your Monero wallet security? Show your support by donating and help make Monero support for Trezor a reality!

• Address for donations: 49hGzzV9XtNZKHAe1kNuXkRfhws12ZHipavhffm2gXDXR3aGxiLzt9GRBFPqL6Vgp6hEnpsiT285v5v4XmrUC93PSTaML5r
  • View key: 2a2e69948dfcc5a3198ee0288494a729c65069611cf0146f8f31013dd2a0ac0c (if anyone wants to keep an eye on the account)
  • Escrowed by our very own fluffypony

What I plan on doing

1. Modify the Trezor firmware to support generating private keys for Monero & support signing transactions using spend key.
  2. Add Trezor support to simple_wallet command (or create new trezor_wallet utility)

How will the funds be used

• The raised money will go towards buying a Trezor I could use for development purposes and compensating for some of the time I put into this.
  • If we don't manage to raise enough to even buy a Trezor for me, I will not be undertaking this project. All moneros received will be sent to [email protected] in this case.
  • I will not be touching the money raised before I have managed to add Monero support to Trezor. Should I fail to deliver, the funds will be sent to [email protected].

Edits

• 13th April: Changed donation destination to account escrowed by fluffypony.
  • 14th April: We're funded! Check out the progress of this project here.
Replies: 24