Please login or register.

Using Monero for anonymous donations

I'm relatively new to cryptocurrencies, but have being reading - a lot - for the past few months. Monero seems to me to be the strongest of the truly anonymous cryptocurrencies.

This makes it ideal for anonymous donations. Suppose I want to contribute to the Edward Snowden Legal Defense Fund but don't particularly want the NSA to know. A contribution in Monero would be the ideal solution.

But the Edward Snowden Legal Defense Fund doesn't accept Monero! No matter - put some Monero in a paper wallet, (there are such things in Monero, right?) and send them the wallet. If it's a significant contribution they are going to take the trouble to figure out how to use it, and once they have done all the work, why not put a "contribute in Monero" button on their donations page right along with the "contribute in Bitcoin" button that is probably already there?

Seems that might be a way to bring Monero more into the public consciousness. As I said, I'm new to this, and if there's a gigantic hole in this idea let me know.

Replies: 2
leotreasure posted 8 years ago Replies: 1 | Weight: -63 | Link [ - ]

Great idea! I just sent him a tweet. Let's hope he sees it!

https://twitter.com/songproducer/status/671084180361641985

Reply to: leotreasure
mountainman posted 8 years ago Weight: -46 | Link [ - ]

Seems like it did not get his attention. Maybe try again.

Hey @Snowden! Privacy concerned people want to donate to your legal fund but you provide no true, anonymous way doing so. Will you accept Monero?