Please login or register.

Whatever happened to davidlatapie?

Dear Moneroers,

There have been rumours about me. My silence was suspicious and there was even talks of criminal accusations in France.

Time to clear this up.

Months ago, I decided to go one step further in my involvement with Monero and to start a company to promote it (as well as the whole blockchain technology). It happened I made a terrible choice when it came to choose my partners. One of them, a very good smooth-talker, was a crook who managed to swindle us all (four other partners). We since discovered he was doing this for ten years. The French police eventually catched him and last thing I heard, he was in jail.

I deeply involved myself into this project, because it really meant a lot for me. This was not only about earning money, it was the culmination of years of sweating, not only in the society but also inside, in my head. So when everything crumbled, I was devastated.

I'm slowly recovering. It will take time, don't expect to see me much active in the following months on Monero (I do have a great project in the works, where Monero plays a part - I won't go into more details until I have something to show, though). I have to put a lot of things in order. The good news is that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

I'm still the David Latapie you know. Weakened, but the same. So whatever you may have believed about me several months ago still holds true.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Replies: 5
davidlatapie posted 8 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

Hello,

I just realised some important mail never arrived in my mailbox - some pretty important one, by the way. I am still investigating what is going on. If you tried to contact me by mail and never received an answer, please send me a PM on bitcointalk.

mountainman edited 8 years ago Weight: -46 | Link [ - ]

I am very sorry to hear this. I've heard similar stories multiple times in the past, about business partnerships gone wrong. I hope you did not loose too much money, or time invested.

I do not know you, but I care enough about the future of Monero, and its contributors, that I am willing to extend me offer of support in any way I can provide.

I am a small business owner in Norway (IT related). Under the right circumstance, I could provide technical support, coding and even contribute as a minor investor if I truly believed in an idea.

I realize this offer will probably never come to fruition, but know we care and wish you the best and are ready to help in ways we can.

papa_lazzarou posted 8 years ago Weight: -73 | Link [ - ]

Nice to hear from you. Stay strong bud.

luigi1111 posted 8 years ago Replies: 1 | Weight: -75 | Link [ - ]

Thanks for the update. Sorry to hear about your hardships, but as you say they make you stronger. Hope you get everything figured out.

Good luck and don't be a stranger. :)

Reply to: luigi1111
davidlatapie posted 8 years ago Weight: -75 | Link [ - ]

Thanks Luigi. I just need time. I will eventually come back, stronger than ever!