Please login or register.

We don't have a Mac GUI yet, so what?

On the French forum, someone (that I don't see on the list of donators) trolled about the lack of a Mac GUI (I told him about mymonero and soon Monero X), saying that we don't care and that the argument of being unfunded doesn't suffice.

Below is my translated (and augmented) reply. It may be of use in the context of advocacy.

Most cryptos reuse 5 years of Bitcoin work (remember Bitcoin in December 2009 - it wasn't pretty). Press "fork" and voilĂ !, you have your wallet.

Among the minority who does not use Bitcoin (Bytecoin-based, NXT-based, Ripple-based), we have:

• a multimillionaire multinational company (Ripple, which is not even a crypto) and consequently no problem building a GUI;
  • a regular project (NXT), ICO-funded and with several months for coding the interface from scratch with no external perturbation;
  • a scam (Bytecoin) with undocumented, obfuscated and voluntarily deoptimised code, rogue and unreachable developers, the necessity to work while in production - that is to devote a large part of resources to handle the network security (we are playing with people's money) all of this considering that the network was live, badly understood and suffered an attack (maybe by the original devs) of an unprecedented magnitude ("This has been the most elaborate attack on a cryptocurrency I've ever seen").

All of this on a voluntary basis, on our free time, while being negative of dozens of thousands of dollars of personal money (donations are far from sufficient) and with the goal to develop a technology that, from day one:

• really protects privacy
  • enforces net neutrality (opaque blockchains prevent miners to become censors)
  • doesn't leave regulators behind (viewkey)

So yes, you'll have to wait a bit for a Mac GUI. I'm fine with that.

Replies: 2
Jojatekok edited 8 years ago Weight: -576 | Link [ - ]

When the people ask, I deliver... ;)

5w00p69 edited 8 years ago Weight: -583 | Link [ - ]

Get 'em David!