Please login or register.

Mining on a MAC

Hello everyone.

Recently I started "mining" Monero with MinerGate, on my MacbookPro ...

I would like to install on another Mac (64 bit, but older), but the program does not open ...

What other programs do you suggest ???

Thank you ;)

Replies: 6
JPaulMora edited 6 years ago Replies: 1 | Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

Hello guys, I managed to compile xmr-stak both CPU and NVIDIA versions for macOS 10.12.5. Check the releases on my GH page: xmr-stak-cpu and xmr-stak-nvidia. if you find this useful please consider pointing some hash rate to My pool, 0.5% fee

Reply to: JPaulMora
HulkiHodan posted 6 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

Hey JPaulMora,I just downloaded your miner and followed the readme for the setup, but when i execute the xmr-stak-nvidia.exec it just tells me that the config.txt could not be opened. Is there something I forgot to do beforehand?

Pooldd posted 6 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

Mining on iMac with YAM (pooldd.com)

enter image description here

psychocrypt posted 6 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

Please try xmr-stak-cpu. You need to use the dev branch because the current mac os suppory is not released at the moment.

fireballs696 edited 6 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

For me I use this as YAM is closed source. I complied some of theses on my MAC and I they run better than YAM for me as well the source code is from here. https://github.com/OhGodAPet/cpuminer-multi

If you don't want to have to go to all the trouble of compiling it yourself you can download my compiled stuff from here Miner With AES and if you have an older or shit intel that doesn't support AES you can get the none AES version here. Miner without AES (it's much slower!)

There is a prep.txt file that has all you need to run to update and install the dependencies from a shell/console window just copy and run one section at a time. And when you are done just edit the command.json file to point to the pool you want to use and your address. Then cd to the directory you have the minerd and command.json file in and run ./minerd -c command.json from your shell/console window.

fireballs696 edited 6 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

well now I am using this https://github.com/xmrig/xmrig on my MAC. It's easy to build and works well. I have seen improvement.