Please login or register.

Internet problems while mining monero

Hey, i'm hispano, a new user of monero. Firstly, i'm sorry if this category/subforum is not the most appropiate for my question. Said this, let me tell you my problem. I want to mine monero, and its the first coin i am going to mine, so i'll be surely mistaken about lots of things. I downloaded the monero software from this site for 64 bits windows and i downloaded the blockchain. I'm even able to use "start_mining" in simplewallet and "in theory" the daemon starts mining. I want to try solo-mining before considering any pool, and right now, i prefer solo-mining as per my understanding its much more decentalized, that is one of the features i love more about monero. My problem is that while i have "bitmonerod.exe" opened anyone in my household is able to use internet. We all get DNS erros when opening browsers. Internet is working, as bitmonerod is updating the blockchain, but for some reason it blocks every other connection (any app cant connect to the internet). Is this normal? I mean, i will never be able to use normally my internet while mining monero? Or i have something misconfigurated? Thanks in advance, hispano

Replies: 7
juliasmain posted 7 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

Bro, give Minergate a try, they will deal with all the problems your talking bout in regards to internet problems, what client (if any) are you using?

Bro, give Minergate a try, they will deal with all the problems your talking bout in regards to internet problems, what client (if any) are you using?