Please login or register.

Help! How to restore an old 0.9.4 wallet or transfer funds t[...]

I created a wallet last year using 0.9.4 ("bitmonerod") It lay dormant for a while, now I want to get back in the game, restart my node, put in more funds, yadda. Problem: After the 10.0 hard fork, the old 0.9.4 simplewallet will no longer refresh to the network.

I tried restoring by running the 10.3 "monero-wallet-cli --restore-deterministic-wallet" BUT... I swear, the old wallet recovery mnemonic only had 21 words, or else I only wrote down 21 words (why would I do that?) so the new 10.3 wallet says "Electrum-style word list failed verification"

I can still run the 0.94 simplewallet, open my wallet, and check the (way old and out of date) balance.

I created a new wallet with 10.3, can I transfer the XMR to the new wallet from the old one, even though the old one is not refreshed?

What's my best move here? Am I totally hosed?

Thank you in advance

Replies: 1
dgoddard posted 6 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

Problem solved by "cryptiest" over on /r/monero

THANK YOU

short answer: 1. I am a moron for copying my Electrum phrase wrong 2. I am a moron for not reading the freakin' help output, else I would have noticed the "seed" command that tells you your Electrum phrase 3. The Monero community over on /r/ is pretty freakin' awesome