Please login or register.

Restaurant accepting Monero in Belgium!

On Friday I had the pleasure to make a real-life XMR transaction with what is probably the first restaurant to accept Monero in the world: "Alice Homemade".
I ordered two salads to be delivered at my home, and paid the delivery man (who also happened to be the restaurant owner) 12 XMR. There is also a 20% discount if you pay with Monero, and on top of the discount I also got two delicious tiramisus, because... that was history in the making! :)

(Note I ordered food many times before while paying in XMR. Where I live there is a big website that accept Bitcoin and does the interface between end-customers and hundreds of restaurants, so usually I just pay that website in XMR through https://xmr.to - the restaurants in this case don't even know the command is paid in btc, even less in XMR).

But this time this is different, this restaurant Alice Homemade is now accepting Monero directly! (They were also one of the first in the country to accept bitcoins). Here is the Monero transaction for my two salads: 68be427ec0e6c09961522e444e862b643a86ed0f36aaca170c2116686b5d2f44

They don't have a website, here is the location and some picture from google: here

If you pass by (it's close to Brussels international airport), show them some love :)

PS: The owner is reading this subreddit, so if you have questions (or tips!) you can ask him directly: /u/whywhynot1

Replies: 0