Please login or register.

Monero Outreach Communication Group Coordinator + translator

What

Hi everyone.

This is my first FSS proposal. This thread is proposed as a request made from the Localization and Monero Outreach workgroups to assign someone that has experience on working inside the localization workgroup and could coordinate a communication channel between both groups, in order to keep up production and translations needed for the community and from the fully funded Monero Outreach Workgroup.

I will list what I will be doing for the community and what other things I would like to keep up.

Communication group coordinator

The Monero Outreach team is fully funded and working in different activities associated in the creation of educational and marketing content for the community. They are coordinating with creators and writers the resources to help drive Monero adoption and awareness to the next level. You can read the July-September's Monero Outreach Goals.

To achieve these goals, a fluid communication channel between the Localization workgroup and the Monero Outreach group is essential so the community can benefit from a multi-language Monero platform. This is what the Communication group coordinator will plan to do:

• Start a fluid communication with ErCiccione the Monero Coordinator of the Localization Workgroup.
  • Coordinate work through interested translators.
  • Find translators for each campaign. Some campaigns will be for specific regions.
  • Work in hand to keep up deadlines.
  • Translate to its native language.
  • Post udpates releases of each language campaign

MILESTONE

August - 4 XMR

• Build a Github Repository for the translations made from the Monero Outreach workgroup.
  • Translation of the Quick-Facts Sheet in different languages.
  • Coordinate PSA Campaign production with the Monero Localization Workgroup.
  • Establish a line communication between telegram groups.
  • Post and promote RoadMap Goals established in the Monero Outreach FFS: July-October 2018
  • By the end of the month will be adding a detailed report of work delivery.

September - 4 XMR

• Spanish fully translated website.
  • Coordinate website translations with the Monero Localization Workgroup.
  • Coordinate translations for the Guerilla Marketing packages.
  • Work through external/ internal writers, bloggers, journalists, etc., to have translations of the news delivered by different sites.
  • Post, share, and promote RoadMap Goals, content in different languages.
  • By the end of the month will be adding a detailed report of work delivery.

October - 4 XMR

• Keep on coordinating production and increase the help from the community contributors.
  • Organize the completion of production and coordinate final deliveries.
  • Give a detailed report of the 3 months work and publications made from the Monero Outreach Workgroup.

WHO

I have known Monero since 2016. I found a community that goes with my philosophical view of what human organization should look like, so I feel really comfortable with what goes inside the community. Monero showed me that working as a volunteer in a community is one way (has been my way) for growing as a professional. I owe Monero everything I know about what is a grassroot open-source community, also, I used to work with commercial OS and thanks to Monero I have already fully moved to open-source OS.

I have been working on several projects related to the Monero Community such as:

WHY

I would like to have this opportunity to give a bit more of what Monero has already given to me. I love what Monero stands for and I want to keep on learning more things to give to the community and will love to keep on helping build what Monero will be in the future.

Funding Needed/ Expiration

20 hours/ week with additional 10 hours/ week volunteering for 3 months (12 XMR).

4 XMR for each month work delivery.

I will be working mostly everyday. I have been doing it since I have been volunteering in the community. This will help me put up more work done and be more community focused. These 30 hours/ weekly will be those hours garanteed for the community work. I know I can spend more time if I can, so these is just the hours I know I will be spending for these XMR asked for funding. I am really thankful with the community and would like to keep on contributing as I have been doing so.

The completion of the proposal is scheduled for the end of October, but we know that this could change due to workload and delayed deliveries, if more funding is needed this will be added in the final report. We will be encouraged to meet deadlines.

Thank you all for your support and if you have any questions just let them know. :)

If anyone will like to donate directly: [Address redacted by admins]

Replies: 10
xmrhaelan edited 5 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

This FFS is encouraged by Monero Outreach and is an outcome of conversation had by us and /u/ErCiccione about the need to have someone serving as a liaison of sorts between our workgroups. Lh1008 has already been working with us and does great work. There is much work to be done, so I hope this is funded quickly!

binaryFate edited 5 years ago Replies: 2 | Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

I redacted the donation address. As per the guidelines, proposers should not post a direct donation address in their proposal. If everyone would do that, donators would get scammed left and right.

Can you write explicitly the XMR amount to be received after completion of each milestone? And I don't understand what is the "INITIAL PHASE" in the milestone list?

Reply to: binaryFate
lh1008 edited 5 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

Hi,

I was not aware of the guidelines, my fault. I'll know how to conceive a better proposal in the future, thank you.

I will also be updating the amount of XMR to receive after each milestones completion, and about the INITIAL PHASE, the Communications Group Coordinator wasn't in the Monero Outreach's list. It was something that came out when I volunteered to work the Spanish translation Quick-Facts Sheet. By completing the document it was considered by the group to have a coordinator who could organize the productions translations and coordinate them with the localization workgroup. There wasn't a program or a TODO's list of what the coordinator should do, so the 'INITIAL PHASE', are these 3 trial months, so the role of the coordinator can be evidenced inside the team.

Maybe I didn't make clear what I had been doing inside the team and that 'INITIAL PHASE' section seems empty, or appears to be. I will remove it from the proposal.

Thank you for your feedback. If you have more questions just let me know. :)

Reply to: binaryFate

Hi binaryFate,

I think this could be moved already to work in progress. :)

antw081 edited 5 years ago Replies: 1 | Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

Donated.

Reply to: antw081

Thank you for your donation! :)

Thank you all who donated to this proposal :).

lh1008 posted 5 years ago Weight: 0 | Link [ - ]

October/Final Quarter-monthly Report - Monero Outreach Communication Group Coordinator

Hi everyone,

It's me again, lh1008, giving the third and final quarter monthly report. In this report you will find a detailed summary showing all the Monero Outreach Communication Group Coordinator's achievements.

Milestones

October

• Keep on coordinating production and increase the help from the community contributors. Achieved

• Organize the completion of production and coordinate final deliveries. Achieved/In progress

• Give a detailed report of the 3 months work and publications made from the Monero Outreach Workgroup. Achieved

Organize Completion of production/In progress

Quick-Facts Sheet

PSA(Public Service Announcements) Monero Best Practices

Final Deliveries/Achieved

Monero Best Practices

Outreach Story Articles

Quick-Facts Sheet

Some more languages are in 'Work in progress' but not as PR yet: - gr-German (Quick-Facts) - pt_PT-Portugal (Quick-Facts) - eo-Esperanto (Quick-Facts) - hu-Hungarian (Quick-Facts) - pt_Br-Brasilian (PSA)

Ok guys, this has really been a great experience. First of all I would like to thank all the contributors that made this possible. I would also like to thank the community for the trust they gave me by funding the FFS proposal. Thank you all.

What comes next?

The Communication Group Coordinator will keep on working with the Monero Outreach team. :)

September Monthly Report - Monero Outreach Communication Group Coordinator

Hi everyone,

It's me lh1008, giving my second report. This month brought a lot of work into the team. Many new contributors joined the Monero Outreach workgroup and we have been able to reach milestones. Like I did last month, let me share you the September milestones and see what we have achieved so far.

Milestones

September

• Spanish fully translated website - https://www.monerooutreach.org/index.php The website is in Spanish and French. It is not fully translated, we are still working on some content details in order to complete translation.
    1. Spanish available still in progress.
    2. French available still in progress. @el00ruobuob and @thunderosa have made this possible!
  • Coordinate website translations with the Monero Localization Workgroup. I would like to thank @ErCiccione, together we have been working to reach goals hand in hand with the Monero Localization Workgroup, he's helping us as a maintainer in the Monero Ecosystem/outreach-docs. In progress
  • Coordinate translations for the Guerilla Marketing packages. - The guerrilla marketing - In progress has been in status 'priority'. Topics have been assigned and contributors have been really active on the wire Monero Outreach chats. Some translations are in progress and some already done.
  • Work through external/ internal writers, bloggers, journalists, etc., to have translations of the news delivered by different sites. - Contributors have been reached through the community and have been contributing on reaching external bloggers, writers, and journalists. An example has been the questionnaire answered by Monero Outreach contributors to journalist Madhurima Roy from bcfocus asking about the implications of bulletproofs in our next scheduled protocol upgrade on October 18. Achieved/in progress
  • Post, share, and promote RoadMap Goals, content in different languages. You can see links below. Achieved/in progress
  • By the end of the month will be adding a detailed report of work delivery. Achieved

Those are the milestones that have been worked so long, well including august, but that was the last report. It's pretty encouraging to work with the community. The community has had a really good response in the work that has been reached by the Monero Outreach workgroup. This has helped orient myself more as a community contributor, have better community relationships, and get to know a lot of monero enthusiasts.

Let me share some of the work done getting the milestones reached and continued community work:

(Monero Ecosystem)[https://github.com/monero-ecosystem]

• es-Spanish folder. PSA and quickfacts folders fully translated.
  • fr-French folder. PSA and quickfacts folders fully translated.
  • ro-Romanian folder. Quickfacts folder waiting for review.
  • ru-Russian folder. Quickfacts folder waiting for review. Contributors
  • nl-Dutch folder. Work in progess.
  • pt-portuguese Portugal folder. Work in progress.

Reddit Posts

There are some things that I'm still pending on working on (Kovri translation, getmonero site translation, to name two.). I would like to thank the community for the support given. This is only a one mans job, but you will see that every comment, every PR, has contributors that are giving their energy for Monero.

Thank you all for this opportunity, I will keep on giving my energy to help grow the Monero community. Count me in. :)

August Monthly Report - Monero Outreach Communication Group Coordinator

Hi everyone,

It's me lh1008, doing my first monthly report. This month has been really productive and I have grown in a personal perspective as a contributor for the Monero project.

Following the goals and milestones I would like to go in order showing what has been done, with links directing the community through the work in progress, work done, merging and continued work.

Goals

MILESTONES

August

• Build a Github Repository for the translations made from the Monero Outreach workgroup. - monero-ecosystem/outreach-docs repo. The outreach-docs was transfered to the Monero Ecosystem and it gives us the opportunity to work closer with the Monero Localization Workgroup.
  • Translation of the Quick-Facts Sheet in different languages. - French version translated (translated), italian in progress, chinese in progress, romanian in progress.
  • Coordinate PSA Campaign production with the Monero Localization Workgroup. - In Progress
  • Establish a line communication between telegram groups. In Progress you can take a look at compiled chat/channels
  • Post and promote RoadMap Goals established in the Monero Outreach FFS: July-October 2018

Like always, I have also been updating and working in my normal volunteering work through the community. Like I said in the FFS proposal, I have been working more than 30 hours a week to achieve milestones and personal goals within the community. Let me share some of the things I have been doing through the community this month:

monero-es

I will continue the review on the Kovri Update Spanish i18n #88 this week so the website will be translated for the end of this month.

My special thanks to everyone that has supported my work. I really like the community. Monero has taught me a lot of new and cool stuff. We have plenty of work to do and I'm really happy to continue working inside the community. :)